The mission of Legionella.org is to be a
comprehensive educational resource center for the cause, treatment
and prevention of Legionnaires’ disease by providing
evidence-based information to reduce isolated cases and
eliminate outbreaks. This includes:
- Improving awareness and recognition of Legionnaires’ disease as
a community or hospital-acquired pneumonia.
- Providing current information
about Legionella infections to healthcare
- Suggesting a proactive approach for prevention of Legionnaires’
disease by routine environmental cultures.
- Providing state-of-the-art laboratory methods for detection
- Suggesting approaches for disinfection
of Legionella in water systems.