Have there been any confirmed cases of Legionnaires’ disease being caused by water droplets from a decorative fountain?
Would it help if I added bleach to this water? (I do not use bleach in the fountain water since we have three cats)? If so, how much would I need to add to it and how often?
A few cases of Legionnaires’ disease have been linked to fountains, but the risk is low. The bleach probably would be helpful. The concentration is 1-2 parts per million, but it would corrode your fountain. Using boiled water after it has cooled would reduce the risk to zero.