Legionella.org provides educational resources for anyone who has been affected by Legionnaires' disease. A nonprofit organization, we provide comprehensive answers to those who are living with the disease, clinicians, to water treatment professionals and others. Founded by internationally recognized authorities in Legionnaires' disease, Legionella.org advocates a proactive approach to prevention. Our information is based on more than 30 years of clinical and environmental research. We share our research for the sole purpose of preventing illness and death.
The mission of Legionella.org is to be a comprehensive educational resource center for the cause, treatment and prevention of Legionnaires' disease by providing evidence-based information to reduce isolated cases and eliminate outbreaks. This includes:
- Improving awareness and recognition of Legionnaires' disease as a community or hospital-acquired pneumonia.
- Providing current information about Legionella infections to healthcare professionals.
- Suggesting a proactive approach for prevention of Legionnaires' disease by routine environmental cultures.
- Providing state-of-the-art laboratory methods for detection of Legionella.
- Suggesting approaches for disinfection of Legionella in water systems.